Back mounting sockets and compression (swageless) terminations for balustrade cable
Balustrade cable wire system
Back mounting balustrade cable wire system - self assembly
Each cable consists of
- 4mm 7x7 Stainless steel wire rope
- Two back mounting sockets
- One compression (swageless) ball
- One threaded ball
- One swage adjuster with lock nut
The wire is supplied with the adjuster end fixed onto the wire.
The ball terminal is supplied for assembly by the user. Tension is achieved by rotating the threaded ball in the swageless adjuster, tightening to suit, then locking with the lock nut.
How to Specify Lengths for Balustrade Assemblies
To specify the required length of balustrade assemblies, measure the distance between the outside posts in millimetres. This is the measurement that you need to state on the ordering page, having converted into metres (divide by 1000).
Back mount socket dimensions:
Stainless Steel Compression Fitting Instructions
1. Cut the wire rope to length. A pair of good wire rope cutters will provide the cleanest cut.
2. Place the threaded cone chamber over the stainless steel wire rope.
3. Thread the cone onto the wire and push into the threaded cone chamber.
4. Take the stainless steel Body and push onto the wire, eventually bringing the three component parts together. Turn in opposite directions to thread them together.
5. Using a pair of spanners screw the two sections together until tight